The word ‘tantra’ often brings to mind images of ancient yogis in exotic, faraway lands. But in fact, tantra is a very modern and contemporary form of yoga that’s accessible to everyone, even those new to the practice. It’s also a type of massage that’s enjoyed by millions of people all over the world. If you’re looking to add something new to your massage practice, tantric massage may be exactly what you need. In this article, we’ll talk about what tantra massage is and why you should consider learning the art of relaxation and pleasure.
What is Tantric Massage?
Tantra is a system of beliefs that originated in India, and it’s commonly associated with the Sanskrit word, “Shaiva”, which means “firmly established in the self”. Tantric massage practices are often centered around the idea of “yin and yang”, which are two complementary forces that are also referred to as the “feminine” and “masculine” in Asian philosophies.
Where to Find a Tantric Massage Therapist
If you’re interested in learning more about erotic massage London, the first thing you should do is research the therapists you’d like to work with. This step is essential because you don’t want to end up choosing a tantric massage therapist that’s not a good fit for you. Among the places you can look are massage therapy schools, which are often affiliated with a local university. You can also peruse online directories like Massage Finder and find massage therapists based on their distance from your location.
What to Expect during a Tantric Massage
- Relaxation – As mentioned above, tantric massage is often a type of relaxation massage. When you enter the massage room, turn off your phone, close your eyes, and prepare to unwind. You can also bring a few relaxing objects, such as a feather pillow, with you to the massage room.
- Sexuality – You may be asked to remove your underwear before your massage or be asked to lie on the massage table nude. In either case, you can expect your massage therapist to focus on your genitals.
- Embodying Yin – If your massage therapist uses “yin-yang” oil during your massage, it means that your massage therapist is practicing “yin” massage. This type of massage is centredaround relaxation and is often combined with specific breathing and meditation techniques.
- Embodying Yang – If your massage therapist uses “yang-energy” oil during your massage, it means that your massage therapist is practicing “yang” massage. This type of massage is often centredaround stimulation and arousal.
- Tantric Sex – At the end of your massage, your massage therapist may ask you to engage in tantric sex. This might mean that you receive oral sex or that your partner receives a massage. Tantric sex is a wonderful and intimate way for you and your partner to finish your massage.
If you’re interested in tantric massage, your first step should be to research the therapists you’d like to work with. Once you’ve found the masseuses you’d like to work with, schedule a massage appointment so you can get their hands on your body. As you’re lying on the massage table, try to relax as much as possible and don’t worry about trying to “do something” to yourself. This is likely to be the most challenging part of receiving a tantric massage, but you can still reach orgasm in your own way.